Affordable Heating Maintenance Plans for Homeowners in Birmingham, Bessemer, Hoover, AL & Surrounding Areas
In north-central Alabama, our heating systems don’t run near as much as our air conditioners, but heaters still accumulate substantial wear and tear over time. To keep your furnace or heat pump running at peak performance, consider purchasing a heating system maintenance plan from the professionals at Total Comfort Heating and Air.
Heating Maintenance Services
Preventive maintenance can help keep your heat pump or furnace in tip-top shape, so your home stays warm and comfortable on those cold winter nights. Once a year in the offseason, one of our trained technicians will visit your home or office to evaluate your heating equipment and perform a variety of critical services.
- Inspecting and testing the heat exchanger for breaches
- Testing and adjusting the ignition system
- Measuring the gas pressure to the unit and adjusting if necessary
- Tightening all electrical connections
- Running a gas input analysis
- Inspecting and recalibrating the blower assembly
- Replacing disposable filters
- Inspecting and resetting the thermostat if necessary
- Inspecting and testing the b-vent pipe assembly
- Lubricating the blower and fan motors as well as other moving parts
- Testing the refrigerant charge
- Cleaning evaporator and condensing coils
- Testing electrical continuity and amp draw
- Inspecting and testing the compressor
- Testing defrost controls and contactors
- Checking and resetting the thermostat if necessary
- Removing debris from around the condenser
- Testing the liquid and suction line pressure
- Cleaning and inspecting the drain pan and condensate lines
Benefits of Regular Heating Maintenance
Preventive maintenance provides a variety of benefits when the work is performed by the professionals at Total Comfort Heating and Air.
- Lower Repair Costs: Worn parts put more stress on other components, which can turn a minor fix into a costly major repair. Well-maintained equipment won’t have to work as hard to produce the same level of comfort, so the system will break down less frequently.
- Improved Indoor Comfort: If your heating system is restricted and dirty, the output of the unit declines. This can result in drafts, cold spots, and rooms that are uncomfortable. Our NATE-certified service techs will optimize your system, so the right amount of heated air is delivered to every room in your home.
- Better Efficiency: Our service technicians will fine-tune your heating equipment, so it provides the best efficiency possible. They’ll look for other system deficits that drive your utility costs higher like duct leakage, loose perimeters, leaky windows and substandard insulation.
Comprehensive HVAC Service
Total Comfort Heating and Air provides heating maintenance services for residential customers in Birmingham, Hoover, Homewood, Bessemer, Trussville, Leeds, Moody, AL and the surrounding area. Call today to learn more about the details of our flexible maintenance plans.