AC Installation & Replacement Specialists Serving Birmingham, Hoover, and Bessemer, AL & Surrounding Areas
Do You Need a New Air Conditioner or Heat Pump?
It can be difficult to know when you need a new AC installation, especially if your old system is still running. If you experience any of the following issues, call Total Comfort Heating and Air to discuss your AC equipment options.
- Declining Comfort: First and foremost, your air conditioner is supposed to keep you comfortable. If there are rooms in your home that never cool down properly, your equipment may not have enough capacity to satisfy the thermostat when the temperature soars.
- Higher Repair Costs: If the AC repairman is visiting your home every summer, your air conditioner may need to be replaced. When a compressor fails and isn’t under warranty, it’s usually more cost effective to replace the entire system.
- Rising Utility Bills: Summer utility costs can fluctuate because of the weather, but if you notice your electric bills are rising every year, the efficiency of your air conditioner may be declining. A new AC or heat pump installation can substantially lower your summer cooling costs.
- Aging Equipment: Air conditioners and heat pumps usually last 10-15 years in our area. Modern equipment is extremely efficient, and it’s built to operate reliably through many summer seasons.
Buying a New Heat Pump or New Air Conditioner
Purchasing new cooling equipment can be a little intimidating, especially for first time buyers. If you need a new air conditioner in Birmingham, our comfort specialists can help guide you through the process. When you’re out shopping for a new air conditioner or heat pump, here are a few things to look for:
- AC Options and Features: Modern air conditioners have many different features and options. To improve comfort and efficiency, check out inverter compressors, variable-speed fans and smart thermostats.
- Professional System Design: Older equipment sizing formulas are inaccurate, but some contractors still use them. At Total Comfort Heating and Air, we always run a full set of load calculations to ensure your AC unit is sized to deliver the right amount of conditioned air in all weather conditions.
- SEER Rating: An air conditioner’s SEER rating is a measure of its efficiency. Since our climate is hot and humid, ask to see the unit’s extended SEER ratings.
Complete AC and Heat Pump Installation Services
Call us today to learn more about the benefits of installing a new energy efficient heat pump or air conditioner. We’ll arrange for a free system analysis and thoroughly explain all your equipment options.