Birmingham Residents Schedule Air Conditioner Maintenance Now
You’ve made a significant investment in keeping your family comfortable during our hot and humid Birmingham summers, so doesn’t it make sense to protect your valuable equipment with an air conditioner maintenance plan? Today’s advanced HVAC equipment incorporates a wide array of complex motors, electronics, and circuit boards that need regular service to ensure they’ll run reliably throughout the summer season. While most homeowners install quality brands of equipment, properly maintaining your air conditioner will have the greatest impact on longevity and performance.
AC Maintenance Services
Air conditioners attract little attention when they’re working properly, so it’s easy to neglect their service requirements. Unfortunately, failing to maintain your air conditioner can result in high utility costs, poor indoor air quality and comfort issues. If your unit breaks down during the heat of summer, you’ll be seriously inconvenienced. Depending on the severity of the problem, your family may even have to find temporary shelter until the unit is fixed or replaced.
Total Comfort Heating and Air maintenance plan customers receive complete AC service in the spring when the weather is still mild. Our NATE-certified technicians are trained to service every brand of equipment, regardless of age. Our technicians are armed with advanced diagnostic tools to accurately find any worn parts that might fail under the stress of summer heat and humidity. Replacing parts in the spring can save you money and might prevent a catastrophic breakdown.
Our air conditioning maintenance packages include many critical services that will improve performance and enhance system efficiency:
- Testing and inspecting compressor operation
- Testing the refrigerant charge
- Inspecting and cleaning the condensate lines and drain pan
- Cleaning the condensing and evaporator coils
- Cleaning the outdoor cabinet and remove debris from the grille
- Checking the registers and re-balance when necessary
- Inspecting, lubricating and testing moving parts
- Straightening coil fins when necessary
- Checking all electrical connections
- Checking the thermostat and modifying programs when necessary
- Verifying continuity across the motors
- Inspecting and testing fan motor, blower, contactor and defrosting controls
- Verifying the temperature drop across the coil
Air Conditioning Service Agreement Benefits
Preventive AC maintenance is the best investment you can make in comfort, efficiency and extending the life of your equipment. In fact, every major manufacturer includes regular maintenance as a provision of their warranty coverage. You’ll rest easy knowing your air conditioner is fully optimized and ready to face the challenges of our severe Birmingham summer weather.
Preventive Maintenance for Better Performance
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of a preventive maintenance plan, call one of our friendly comfort specialists today. Total Comfort Heating and Air provides a complete solution for every air conditioning challenge in Birmingham, Hoover, Homewood, Bessemer, Trussville, Leeds, Moody, AL and the surrounding area.